Thursday, June 12, 2008

It's Been Awhile...

I have several new things to post about but I will do them sectionally. First off, allow me to touch base on one of my earlier posts: Bracelets. Over the past few weeks I have been very busy creating bracelets and then taking them apart because I was unsatisfied with the results. I now have three particular bangle-style bracelets that I am quite proud of and they exhibit some of the new skills I've recently been acquiring. I will only show two of them. Here is the first one:This is called the Multiple Stone Bracelet, or The Colorful Bracelet. I haven't quite settled on a name. It took a lot of work to create it, but honestly, it took more time to clean and polish it all up! Hard to reach areas are always a problem.
Here is the second:
I call this one the Sunset Bangle because of the colors that I used for the stones. It is a royal amethyst, and autumn topaz and a hand forged solid 14 karat gold cabochon that represents the sun. It is one of the best pieces that I've created so far. 

I have a couple of new pieces in the works as well, and a few still just on paper but when they are all done and I am satisfied with the results, I'll make an update. 

No comments: