Thursday, June 12, 2008

New Horizons

I've spent a whole lot of time recently overhauling my photos, my jewelry and my marketing strategy. Basically, I am attempting to upgrade not only the quality of my work, but the quality of its presentation as well. I created a new banner and made a light box to take my photographs in so that I can regulate all of the settings and environments much more easily.

It all started when I peeked in my etsy shop one morning and I noticed that the listings I had all looked like they could have been made by various jewelers rather than just one. To say it another way, it looked like a search page and not a cohesive shop. It dawned on me that my work didn't look unified because it was not presented in a similar fashion. After that realization I invested a whole lot of time into reshooting a good bit of my work. After I was done with that, I saw that my banner and avatar were sorely lacking as well. I thought a logo with similar colors and trimmed down graphic elements might tie everything together, so I created one. 

I also took my work to other outlets as well. I applied for trunkt (for the second time), after I had a few really striking photos and I was accepted. Also, I started shopping my work around to local boutiques. Hopefully all goes well in that arena as well. 

Overall, I am pleased with my results but I feel like I definitely need to thicken up the inventory. Slowly but surely, everything is starting to build up.

No comments: